- Alessandro is Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Axxam S.p.A. He has around 30 years experience in pharma and biotech.
- Alessandro graduated in Biology from the University of Pavia, as a member of the Ghislieri College. He started his career in 1982 as a Research Scientist at the Biotechnology Department of Farmitalia Carlo Erba in Milan, and later was a researcher at the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology at Oxford University (UK). From 1986 through 1989 he served as Head of the Biotechnology Department at the Istituto Sieroterapico Milanese (Milan). During the ‘90s he founded and served as Chief Executive Officer of Primm S.r.l. and later also Director of Technology Transfer at San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park in Milan.
- He is Managing Director at IMAX Discovery GmbH and a member of the Board of Directors of Externautics SpA.
- Since 2003 he has been the Vice-President and in May 2010 was appointed President of Federchimica/Assobiotec, the Italian association for the development of the biotech industry and member of EuropaBio. As of October 2013 he is also member of the Chairmanship Committee of Federchimica with proxy to the new Technology Companies.
- He is author of around 50 scientific publications and inventor of numerous national and international patents.