- Francesco is currently a Senior Advisor at Warburg Pincus, a leading Private Equity firm focused on growth investing, where he works with a team that is in charge of investments in Pharma assets in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- He is a medical doctor by training and is an accomplished healthcare executive, with over 35 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Most recently he served as Executive Vice President and member of the Executive Committee at Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB), a leading global biotechnology company based in Boston, Massachusetts where he led the Global (including USA) Commercial and Medical affairs operations till February 2012. Previously, was Group Vice President and President for Schering-Plough’s Europe and Canada Region from 2005-2009.
- He has previously held Senior regional management positions with Pfizer, Managing Director positions with Pharmacia and Dompѐ Biotec, and a commercial management position with Glaxo.
- He is also currently Chairman of the Board of Circassia (LSE); Board member of Italfarmaco; Prismic Pharmaceuticals, a US based medical food company; Member of the strategic advisory board of Lupin, a leading Indian pharmaceutical company.
- Francesco has served as a member of several industry associations: Board Member of Farmindustria (Italy), Head of Italian LAWG, Chairman of Pharma Heads of Europe Committee, Co-Chairman of EFPIA Heads of Europe Committee and Board member of EFPIA.
18 Apr 2017 - News