- Lucio is Chief Executive Officer and Chief Scientific Officer of Rottapharm Biotech S.r.l. He joined the Company following the entrepreneur footsteps of his father, Professor Luigi Rovati who was the founder of the Rottapharm Group.
- Lucio graduated in Medicine in 1985 and obtained a Postgraduate specialization in Clinical Pharmacology in 1989 at University of Milan. He completed his training as attending physician in Internal Medicine and served as research fellow in the Department of Medical Pharmacology, Chemotherapy and Toxicology of the University of Milan, School of Medicine.
- In over 25 years in Rottapharm, he served as head of Clinical Pharmacology and Clinical Research before becoming Chief Scientific Officer, directing all R&D activities of the Group, and Executive Medical Director responsible for all international medical activities of the Company and its subsidiaries. He founded Rottapharm Biotech in 2014.
- After holding similar positions at the Universities of Naples and of Parma, since 2003 Lucio is Invited Professor of Clinical Pharmacology at the University of Milano-Bicocca, School of Medicine, where he is also Coordinator of a Postgraduate Master in Pharmaceutical Medicine.
- He is an active member of several international scientific societies, where he is also included in panels providing advice to the Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicine Agency on the drafting of drug development guidelines.
- Lucio is the author of over 175 full papers in peer reviewed international scientific journals (H-index=42).
18 Apr 2017 - News