- Max is Professor of Applied Biology at University of Catania, Italy and director of the laboratory of Systems and Synthetic Biology at the Department of Drug Sciences.
- He is Medical Doctor with a PhD in Embryology. He was a researcher at CNR (I), MRC (UK), San Raffaele (I), and KCL (UK); he received a Mini-MBA™: Global BioPharma
- Entrepreneurship from Rutgers University, NJ (USA) in 2010.
- His research activities have been devoted to the understanding the molecular mechanisms in Experimental Neurobiology and Experimental Oncology, as documented by more than 70 articles published on leading international scientific journals
- Max has been the Scientific Director of the molecular oncology biotech IOM Ricerca (I), for 10 years. Moreover, he was founder and CEO at EResearch and ALMA, two Italian companies in the field of Medical and Environmental Biotechnology.
- He founded and managed for 3 years, since its inception in 2010, the Translational Medicine and Biotechnology Campus (ViBiotech) in Catania (I).
- He has been member of the board of Assobiotec, and of Italian Crowdfunding Network (ICN) and he is member of the board of Consorzio Interuniversitario Biotecnologie (CIB).