- Pierluigi is founder, Chairman and CEO at Genenta, a gene therapy company focused on cancer immunotherapy.
- He has been founder and CEO of Quantica SGR, an Italian Venture Capital firm with 100M€ under management, and Venture consultant for Sofinnova Partners, an European VC leader in Life Sciences with 2.6B€ under management.
- He was investor and Board Member at Ethical Oncology Science, acquired by Clovis Oncology (Nasdaq: CLVS), for up to 420M$ (upfront 200M$ + milestone 220M$), plus license with Servier for 80M$.
- Pierluigi raised more than 140M$ from private and institutional Investors and generated 720M$ cash/equity in enterprise value.
- He has been also Independent Member of the Research and Innovation Commission at the Italian Ministry of Health