- Elena is President President of Zambon S.p.A., Vice President of ZaCh (Zambon Chemicals) and member of the board of Zambon Company S.p.A., holding of the Group.
- In June 2014 she has been nominated Cavaliere del Lavoro and has received the award “Imprenditore Olivettiano 2010” and “Marisa Belisario 2010”.
- She is also President of Secofind, member of the Board of Director and the strategic Committee of Italcementi S.p.A. Member of the Board of Fondo Strategico Italiano and of IIT (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia), and recently appointed member of the Board of Unicredit bank.
- Elena holds a bachelor degree in Business Administration at the University Bocconi in Milan. From 1989 to 1994 worked in Citibank.
- Furthermore, Elena is President of AIDAF, the Italian Association of Family Businesses and Vicepresident (and member of the Executive Committee) of Aspen Institute Italia.
- She is President of Zoé Foundation, and Zambon Open Education.